Horse Racing Articles
Live Betting Articles
How to Bet on Live Horse Races Online From India
Online betting on the live horse races is very exciting, since you will have to think quick as the races only last a few minutes – hopefully you are quick with your fingers to put in your live online horse bet.
It must be said upfront that Indians will not be able to place online bets for races that are held in India. For that you have to visit the track where the race is held. However, if you are interested in betting on live events from around the world, there are plenty of opportunities for Indian bettors. Not just for the big events, but also daily races held in the UK, Ireland, and Australia.
Best Sites for Live Horse Betting
|SITE||EDITORS NOTES||VISIT SITE|
Racebets is the best option for live horse racing. As you may guess by their name, they specialize in race betting of all kinds. However, they do not accept INR.
In-Play/Live Horse Betting (Sarta rahate haim)
Live betting is a great feature most bookmakers offer you and other punters. This feature is perfect for Indian bettors, as it will allow you to stay up to date on all of the upcoming races, allow you to get the most important highlights of the race in real time, and place all kinds of live bets. It brings the excitement of the track right to your computer.
You simply need to follow certain steps:
1. Head over to your favorite online bookmaker before the race starts (which we have the best recommended ones for you on this page).
2. Make sure you have funds in your account. See our deposit page for more help on depositing.
3. Look for the live or ‘in-play’ betting section of the bookmaker.
4. Find the event you want to bet on and place your bets.
5. Watch as your horse crosses the finish line for the big pay out (hopefully)!!
Live Betting Fixtures
The schedule for the races is called fixtures; this will be very helpful so you know when you can start betting on the live events.
For daily events, it is often better to simply go to your preferred betting site to see what races they are offering live odds on and go from there.
For larger events, be sure to look up their schedule ahead of time. Some of the most popular races from around the world are:
• Belmont Park Races; they have races in May, July, September, and October.
• Melbourne Cup; the race starts at 3pm, Tuesday November 5th (Australian time).
• Kentucky Derby; these amazing races start May 3rd and 4th
• Dubai World Cup; race takes place on March 30th
– Dubai World Cup Carnival races go from January 10th to March 30th
Betting on Races at Indian Tracks
Horse betting (Ghore ju’a) has been a part of the nation of India for over 100 years, and it has since then become a great venue for thoroughbred horse races. With the increase in marketing and publicity that these races have gotten, along with the great amount of sponsors, the many different horse races that take place all over India have become internationally known. As such, there are five groups that are part of the Turf Authority of India. These groups are the ones in charge of hosting and sponsoring some of the very finest horse races in India and the world; they are pretty exclusive as well.
NOTE: Betting on races held at Indian Tracks is NOT available online. You will only be able to find odds online for horse races held in other parts of the world including but not limited to the UK, Ireland, Australia and the US.
These five groups sponsor a total of nine racecourses throughout all of India. The racecourses are located in Kolkatta, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Ootacamund, Bengaluru, and Hyderabad. Each one of these venues is maintained and operated by one of the five turf authorities. For those that do not know which are the five turf authorities, they are the Royal Calcutta Turf Club, Royal Western India Turf Club, Ltd., Madras Race Club, Bangalore Turf Club Ltd., and the Hyderabad Race Club.
Live Horse Racing Tips and Tricks
As there will be hardly any time to actually view and analyse each of the horse’s performance, as well as anything related to the actual racecourse, it is important to follow certain live horse racing tips and tricks that will help you become more successful at live betting on the horse races.
• Learn about the racecourse that the race will be taking place at, you can use Google or the races official website for this information
– Look up how long the course is, what conditions it is in
• Research the various horses that will be participating
– How well they have performed in similar situations
– What their practice times were
– Age and condition of the horse
• Research the jockey and coach
– The way the rider handles the horse
– Past performances of the jockey and coach (especially if they have trained/ridden other horses in the past)
• Check what the weather is like on the day of the race as it can affect the horses performance
– High winds
– Wet ground after rain
– Cold or hot weather
• Arrive early to the bookmaker in order to start preparing to place any of the bets
– Try and get there at least 30 minutes before the race is scheduled to start
– Select beforehand what types of wagers you want to wager on